New Zealand Travel Guide

To visit New Zealand you will need a full British passport, which should be valid for 6 months after your intended return.

There are no visa requirements to enter New Zealand. The maximum length of stay is 6 months for all UK passport holders. Should your holiday include a visit to Australia you will require a Visa or ETA (electronic travel authority). ETA’s are valid for 12 months from the date of issue for multiple stays of up to three months each visit. We can obtain these for you at a cost of £16 per adult and £10 per child.

If your flight involves a transit or stopover via the USA you are required to obtain an ESTA Visa. Again, Freedom New Zealand can issue this visa for you at a cost of £18 per adult and £12 per child. 

Travellers over 18 are entitled to a duty-free allowance of drink and cigarettes. Any amount of cash may be taken in or out of New Zealand but amounts over $10000 must be declared. Foodstuffs, plant or animal products must also be declared on arrival.

New Zealand is a modern country with good standards of health care and hygiene. No vaccinations are required unless you are travelling from a yellow fever area. You should consult your GP if you are planning a stopover en route and for advice.

To drive in New Zealand you will need your full UK driving licence. Like us, they drive on the left and their roads are wide, well signed, well maintained and, out of the cities, extremely quiet. Cars are usually air-conditioned and seat belts are compulsory. There are clean public toilets almost everywhere - in rest areas, national parks and even the smallest outback towns.

There are 100 cents to both the Australian and New Zealand dollars. Although goods are priced in single cents, this is often rounded to the nearest 5c. Bank hours are similar to those in the UK and most have cash dispensers. Visa, Mastercard, Diners and Amex cards are widely accepted.

Not the custom in New Zealand and porters, taxi drivers and hairdressers do not expect tips. In restaurants it is usual to tip up to 10% if you have received good service.

As in the UK, supply is 220-240 volts, 50Hz AC. However sockets are different and you'll need an adaptor.

Holiday Insurance
Good travel insurance is essential for your financial protection and piece of mind. Freedom New Zealand offers comprehensive single trip and annual policies with cover.

Special Events in New Zealand
With a sports mad population and superb facilities, it's not surprising that some of the greatest sporting events are held downunder. 

Booking Terms and Conditions
The contract between us, covering your rights and our obligations to you.

Travel Links
Further information about holidays abroad can be obtained from the following websites: - The UK Passport Office - the Department of Health - the Foreign & Commonwealth Office for advise on overseas travel - the Association of British Travel Agents consumer advice - the Civil Aviation Authority ATOL protection scheme - for working holiday visas - for information about studying in Australia or New Zealand

New Zealand Travel Guide

For help and advice or to start planning your New Zealand holiday

call 0333 234 3209 or enquire online

if (Model.Id == 1096){ }